FREE Webinar archive video hosted by TheStreet: Integrating Futures into your Trading Strategy can Help Hedge Risk
Chief CME Group economist, Bluford Putnam, futures and options broker, Carley Garner, and trader and market analyst, Bob Iaccino, discuss how the futures market can help investors hedge their risk in ways they may not have considered before.
Click here to view this webinar.
Some highlights from the webinar include:
- Putnam on the State of the Bull Market: "Expansions don't end because of old age. They need a policy mistake. And you know, since World War II, almost every time we've had a recession in the U.S. it's been the Fed pushing rates way too high. That's not happening this time."
- Iaccino on Negative Fed Rates: "It is something that I worry about because it's simply that the banking system is not set up for negative interest rates as why it was such a big deal when it started to happen in some of the major economies like the EU."
- Garner's Take on Earnings Season: "Once we get past some of the thawing out of the China trade situation, I think the market might find it hard to find reasons for fresh buying. So I'm of the camp that while in the short term I think the market has a little room to move on the upside, I think the intermediate-term outlook is a little questionable."
- Bluford Putnam, chief economist of the CME Group, who is responsible for leading local economic analysis and monitoring developments and the price patterns, volatility and correlations of futures and options markets.
- Carley Garner, futures and options broker with DeCarley Trading. She also is the author of the book "Higher Probability Commodity Trading."
- Bob Iaccino, the chief market strategist of Path Trading Partners, who has spent the last 22 years in the commodities, futures and forex markets.